- Smart Industry is not an end in itself, but a roadmap.
- Industry 4.0 is not just a result, but a new era of industrial advancements.
- Digital transformation is not simply a product, but a mindset and approach to doing business.
- Software serves as a valuable tool, but it is not the solution by itself
- Digitization is not an afterthought, but a fundamental activity at the core of modern operations.
The Point Is:
You can’t find a smart factory ready-made or start it with the press of a button. It requires expanding your knowledge, enhancing your skills, and upgrading your systems. Only then can you truly achieve success.
However, to know what you need, you must have clear goals in mind.
If your goal is to increase competitiveness and profitability, it is advisable to start with sub-goals that can be achieved in a short period of time.
For example, consider:
- Reduce lead times for product groups by X%
- Increase customer satisfaction for repeat customers by Y%
- Upgrade your average delivery reliability to above Z%.
- Reduce your time to quote, time to order and time to invoice by half
Achieving these results begins with a clear plan that effectively integrates technology, people, and existing customers to work collaboratively.
This plan, commonly known as a roadmap or blueprint, serves as your guide to success.
Then, you start with a sprint: begin by tackling a small project, educating yourself and your team, building the solution, shipping it (this is key), and then repeating the process.
Then, you rinse and repeat: consistently making improvements by integrating more systems, training people, and learning from past successes.
The question for you is:
What is your strategic roadmap now? What outcomes do you anticipate from the upcoming sprint?
P. S. Need help? I’m here to assist you in crafting your roadmap and providing guidance to make it successful. If you’re active in the sheet metal industry, let’s book a call and have a chat.