Here is the worst kind of argument about any new technology:
“You don’t need [nieuwe oplossing], you can do that already with [oude manier].”
- You don’t need email, we have mail!
- You don’t need Instagram, we have photo albums!
- You don’t need Google Maps, we have paper maps!
- You don’t need ERP, we have a customer directory!
- You don’t need MES / shopfloor control, we have a foreman!
- You don’t need Cloud, we have a good ICT person!
You get the idea, I think.
Technology sometimes makes the “impossible” possible. That is usually the expectation.
But much more often, it makes something that is “slow/unstable/expensive” less slow/unstable/expensive. Or just better, faster and makes customers happier.
(Inspired by an article on NFTs, from Milk Road, my favorite crypto newsletter)