❌ Failing digitization projects:
– Starting with technology
– Have no clear business advantage
– Force the user to learn all kinds of complex terms
– Creates turmoil within the organization and is time-consuming.
– Keep going when they should have long been stopped
– Don’t involve domain expertise
– End up as hobby projects
✅ Successful digitization projects:
– Always started with a business problem
– Have an impact on measurable business results
– Engages users in clear language.
– Undergoes thorough preliminary examinations to get it right the first time.
– Involves domain experts early on
– Delivers calmness and overview to the production team
Here’s the point:
A digital factory starts with a clear business case. It doesn’t start with a new technology or piece of software that is the latest hype.