In this episode of Metal Connect, I spoke with Harry Seijkens, an experienced business leader and the driving force behind the transformation of a classic steel construction company into a modern metal company.
We talk about the challenges in the steel construction industry and how digitization is changing the future of the plant. Harry shares his insights and experiences on working lean, ERP implementation and avoiding pitfalls when transforming a business.
We also talk about sustainability and the importance of talent retention.
Curious about the full conversation? Then listen to this episode of Metal Connect now!
- The challenges of a sawtooth production process (hollowing and standing still)
- Working lean, addressing strategic cost drivers and deploying ERP software
- The process of selecting an ERP vendor and avoiding implementation pitfalls
- Sustainability and circular industry
- Mindset for success, team building and talent retention
- “Digital transformation is not just about technology, it’s also about a culture change.” – Harry Seijkens
- “You have to involve people in the process of change, then you create support.” – Harry Seijkens
- “By implementing ERP software, we now have a clear understanding of our business processes and can make quick adjustments where necessary.” – Harry Seijkens
- “Sustainability is about more than just using green energy, it’s also about reducing waste and reusing materials.” – Harry Seijkens
- Meco Metal: https://www.mecometal.be/
- Follow Harry on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harryseijkens/
Sharing is caring!
If you liked this episode, consider sharing it with a few friends or colleagues who might find it useful. Thank you!
Would you like to help?
Did this show help you with new ideas for your business? Then rate the show on iTunes or Spotify. This helps people like you find the show and me to be able to book more guests with big names like Ben Tiggelaar, Adjid Bakas and others!